"Why should I book my cruise with Dream Vacations, rather than booking it directly with the cruise line?"
That is the question we get asked all the time.
It does NOT cost more, to take advantage of the services of a professional travel agent!
We are paid by the cruise lines, NOT you.
There is NO additional cost to you, to take advantage of our services.
Here are some of the important services that we provide to our guests:
1. Independent advisor that works for you – We are an independent cruise specialist with relationships with all the major cruise lines and can give you advice on which cruise line best fits your needs. Since we focus on cruises, we can help you find the cruise line, ship and itinerary that best fit your needs.
2. An experienced consultant to help deal with uncertainty. Cruises offer a wonderful vacation experience but we live in an uncertain world. An independent cruise specialist can help advise you on your best options when dealing with weather delays, itinerary changes, medical uncertainty or cruise line offers to change accomodations.
3. Advice on options the cruise line does not offer. A successful vacation includes more than just a cruise. We compare cruise line air with independent air and explain the pros and cons. We can help you book transfers that can be more convenient and less costly than the cruise line transfers. We recommend hotels that offer free parking while you are on your cruise. We offer pre and post cruise packages that give you greater selection and better pricing than the cruise lines programs. We can also offer multiple travel protection plans to protect your vacation investment at rates that are often lower than the cruise line plans with better benefits.
4. Your advocate with the cruise line - Cruise lines have a great record for customer satisfaction but they do make mistakes. Since we don’t work for the cruise lines, we can assist you in resolving issues. Since we are affiliated with the largest cruise reseller in the US (World Travel Holdings), we have access to cruise line executives to help get issues resolved for you.
5. A local and accessible resources– We are members of your community. We can provide you with local knowledge on the best options for getting from Portland to your cruise port. We can even help you get from your home to the airport! We are open evenings and weekends and can meet you at your home or at any coffee shop in town.
6. Accountability – When you call us, you get us. Corporate sales staffs do a great job but did you know that the average tenure at call centers is 18 months. Will your contact be the same 6 months from now? Do you get the same person every time you call?
7. A service-oriented business model. It’s our job, not somebody else’s – We know that questions come up. Part of our value is to share our knowledge of cruising with you. We participate in ship tours and conferences to stay current on all the new ships, features and itineraries the cruise lines have available. We are here to help you with questions on passports, children’s programs, handicapped cabins, cuisine and more. You won’t get glossy, cruise line marketing “speak”. You get our professional, informed opinion.
8. The best prices available, sometimes better than the cruise line can sell direct – We receive emails daily, from all of the lines, with all of their current and upcoming sales and promotions. We can pass all of those deals on to our guests, so they can take advantage of those offers. And we end up saving them lots of money!
We have the same rates as the cruise lines, but we also have access to specially negotiated rates, such as exclusive group rates, regional specials or other rates afforded to our agency only. A cruise line agent can never offer you a group rate for an individual booking! Dream Vacations CAN! We do it every day, for our guests! And we save them lots of money!
9. A free service to you – Cruise lines realize the value we provide to you and pay us to give you that value. You don’t pay a dime more for the service we provide.
10. Customer Satisfaction Guarantee - To make sure all of our cruisers are happy cruisers, CruiseOne offers its satisfaction guarantee. After departing on your cruise, if you are not satisfied, call us immediately from the ship. If we or the cruise line are unable to resolve your concern, we will REFUND the unused portion of your cruise and the cost to fly you back to your port of origin Guaranteed!!
SO NOW, LET ME SHARE THE BEST-KEPT SECRET IN THE INDUSTRY WITH YOU: When you book directly with a cruise line, you are paying for something that you are not receiving: the services of a professional travel specialist.
Travel agent commissions are always automatically built into the price of your cruise. It is the way the industry has always priced itself. If you book direct, the cruise line just pockets the commission, and you get nothing in return. You are just computer data and a credit card number - with the computer software being your "agent".
When you book your cruise with me, on the other hand, you have an advocate. Someone who will be with you from start to finish, and even after you return from your cruise. You, represent just one booking to a cruise line. I, represent hundreds, and my host: Dream Vacations, represents tens of thousands. We have tremendous volume clout. You have none.
I also provide advice and documentation on many other things, that are never provided when you book directly with the cruise line, such as your travel protection insurance options, shore excursion options, onboard dining options, onboard entertainment options, and pre and post cruise hotel arrangements
The most important part of planning a cruise vacation should not just be about getting the cheapest price! Purchasing a cheap cruise, if it turns out to be the wrong cruise for you, can be a very costly mistake! The real goal should be to get the RIGHT CRUISE EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR PERSONAL VACATION NEEDS at a great price.
I work hard to build an open, honest, and long-lasting relationship with my valued clients. That is why the majority of our clients are repeat travelers. And that is why they continue to refer their family & friends to us, as well. I treat your cruise vacation as if it were my own. I will be with you through the entire process, answering all of your questions, getting you the best value for your vacation dollar...and on the cruise line and ship that is right for you! That is my commitment to you.
It pays to use the services of a professional travel agent!